New Years Eve said goodbye to the mistakes and heartbreaks of last year but looking back at that night, started 2010 with one big regret. I didn't know him, I still don't really. I met him at a bus stop as we were leaving the club. He made me laugh and I called him names. An instant connection of course. We IM'd for weeks, every night. At our best we would talk for 8 hours straight. Our sense of humour mirrored each others. I feel like I know him, I like him for him. He liked me for me. I took it too slowly. It faded. We don't talk so much these days. It's a shame.
Every time I hit another dead end I think back to him. The one I thought for so long was "the one". He's gone. I sometimes think I should knock on his door out of the blue, throw my arms around him, tell him I love him, I've always loved him and he'll wipe away the single tear falling down my cheek and tell me he's missed me and realises he can't live without me...
I won't do that. Because for the little part of me that knows I could love him again, the rest of me is remembering how difficult it was to get to where I am now. I'm over the devastation of losing him. I've come out of that black hole of heartache. And, though I can still feel that longing for him sometimes, the fact that I can feel, well, anything, for somebody else, is somewhat comforting.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment