Saturday, 6 September 2008

...and these are it's people.

I heard somebody say today, that visiting a friend or relative in hospital really drained them since they had to "put on a happy front" and "pretend that their lives were good". It amazes me when I think about it, that we can all be so bloody ungreatful. Myself included. Can we really be that miserable that in order to appear content to an onlooker we must "put on a front"? When I think about this I know that I too would have felt the same about "pretending" everything was well. But really, everything IS well. Sometimes I wonder if we put so much energy into convincing everybody else that we lead the perfect life that we forget to appreciate the blessings we have. Trying so hard to appear happy could result in us forgetting that actually, life can be pretty good.

No comments: